My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://laneviolation.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

OK Computer

A league of guys from one of my former employers drafted the other night, using Yahoo. I'm very pleased with my results. Here's my squad:

  • Monta Ellis (PG/SG)
  • Kobe Bryant (SG)
  • Kevin Durant (SG/SF)
  • Rashard Lewis (SF)
  • David West (PF)
  • Ron Artest (SF)
  • Marcus Camby (C)
  • LaMarcus Aldridge (PF/C)
  • Randy Foye (PG/SG)
  • Andris Biedrins (C)
  • Anthony Parker (SG/SF)
  • Andrew Bynum (C)
  • Chucky Atkins (PG)
Not to shabby, eh? I have a couple of scorers. I have shooters. I have a sleeper or two. The injury risk with Camby is mitigated by the potential of guys like Aldridge and Biedrins and Bynum. I even got Atkins -- a guy that I consider to be a serious sleeper this season -- and a lineup that's fairly well set for the "Tanking Assists" strategy, which I wanted to try.

I'm even more pleased because I didn't draft a single one of these players. This one was 100% auto-draft. I didn't even pre-rank my players -- I thought I'd be drafting live.

Generally, I fear the auto-draft. I was fully expecting a roster full of Elton Brands and Greg Odens and Mikki Moores. This one -- it ain't half bad.

Anyone else had a positive experience with Yahoo's auto-draft this year? Have they improved it? Or am I just the blind squirrel that found a nut this time through?

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008